Thursday, December 11, 2008

6 Months Later...

No excuses, it's six months later and I'm back - hopefully with more regularity!

We had a great summer! A total STAY-CATION, but really nice to be home with the kids, in the woods, at the lake, playing in the yard, making, gluing, catching bugs - no schedule, no scheduled activities. Relatives from Belgium came to visit and we did take a weekend trip to Washington DC that was quite nice.

Fall (it's technically still fall...) came and went too fast. It was long pants and jackets by the first week in September and we had a foot and a half of snow Oct 27th. No I'm not kidding. It melted to messy slush before the Halloween trek, but it's been January cold all November including fairly constant snow and several lovely ice storms - like the one we're having today that landed me with 4 kids home from school most of the day. We've had 3 snow days so far - 3! The way this is going the kids won't be out of school til JULY!

Tessa started Kindergarten! She's so excited to be going to school like her brother and I've never seen anyone so happy to have and do homework! It's been a huge transition for me - it's so quiet during the day and I'm still not used to being by myself most of the time. It's a little sad. But the positive is I have time to concentrate on projects I've been putting off & hopefully this will blossom into something after the Holidays - stay tuned...

No comments: