Friday, May 23, 2008

Little Somethings...

After nearly 4 years without quilting (YIKES! I can't believe it's been that long!) I set out to make - and accomplished - this little number! It's from Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts. It was just the right project to get me back in the game! Easy, fun, SO cute! Tessa helped me pick out the fabrics - something she has become quite good at and very serious about! She was just as thrilled as I was that I finished it!





I really enjoyed doing the quilting on this & just let myself freeform, something I never do, and it went surprising well. So, after a little drama with the screw that holds the presser foot to the shank of my sewing machine (yeah it broke –BROKE! who else would that happen to!) I'm happy to report it's in the hands of Mama Kara and her incredibly beautiful new daughter! And I feel like I could maybe just finish all those quilts in my head and the quilt tops lurking in drawers...

No comments: